Architectural Acoustics Internship
Do you have a background in sound engineering / architecture / interior design and want to explore a new but related field of sound & acoustics? Soundzipper is looking for an enthusiastic intern / assistant who has a deep desire to learn and understand acoustics, who will be guided directly by our principal acoustics consultant.
If you are an architect or interior designer, you will learn to design with a difference, giving you an edge in your future projects.
If you are a sound engineer, you will learn how a space can affect your recording / music production capabilities, enabling you to hone your craft.
This internship programme or short-term work arrangement (3-6 months) will enable you to pick up valuable acoustical knowledge from first-hand experience in a variety of spaces. This job is an exciting entry-level opportunity to learn about sound and acoustics, and how these elements in architecture contribute to users’ spatial experiences. Training will be provided.
- Experience and learn how a multitude of spaces such as recording studios, private cinemas and music schools are built
- Learn how to use industry standard equipment in acoustical survey projects.
- Take part in the acoustics design process by drawing layout plans and diagrams used to build acoustically sound structures.
- Help people overcome their noise and sound problems
- Help create acoustic reports of the highest standards with guidance from the consultant
- Learn to run acoustics software and perform acoustical simulations
- Get hands-on experience with an acoustics project from design to completion
- Achieve “acoustic thinking”
- Final year student or recent graduate from an audio recording / sound engineering or architectural / interior design major
- Excellent command of English – spoken and written
- Able to work in a start-up environment, with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in architectural drafting would be a considered plus
- Good understanding / deep desire to understand how sound works in spaces
- Singaporeans / Permanent Residents only
- Willingness to travel to project sites – travel allowance will be provided
- Duration: Minimum 3 months – maximum 6 months
Email your resume to us at [email protected] with the subject header: Architectural Acoustics Internship.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.