Acoustics Consultant – Architectural & Building
Have you ever attended a concert and thought that your favourite music group would sound so much better if only they chose the right venue to play in? Do you derive endless satisfaction tinkering with sound and audio related things? Do you dream of a world where good sounding spaces is the norm? Soundzipper is looking for architectural acoustics consultants with the intense desire to change the acoustical landscape of our world.
- Design great sounding spaces using acoustical tools like AFMG soundflow, EASE & Odeon etc.
- Connect with architects, contractors, engineers and owners to design unique yet cost effective solutions to acoustical problems
- Assist in quotations/proposals for tenders/projects
- Perform environmental noise assessments & testing
- Acoustical Project Management
- Acoustical specification layout for projects
- Sketch out designs in CAD programs to communicate acoustical specifications
- Participate in Soundzipper’s acoustical outreach activities – speaking opportunities, contribute expert knowledge to the Soundzipper blog, etc.
- Develop our acoustical consulting technology base.
- A degree in Architectural Acoustics
- At least 3 years of experience working in an acoustical consulting firm
- Demonstrate good understanding of small/large room acoustics
- Working knowledge of vibration and noise isolation
- A desire to innovate with new acoustical designs
- Working knowledge of acoustical room simulation programs
- Tech Savvy and able to adapt quickly to technology tools
- Effective communication skills – good command of spoken and written English
- Adaptable multi-tasker – capable of working in a flexible start-up environment and think out of the box; to juggle different hats, switch between roles
- Singaporeans / Permanent Residents only
- Bonus: Experience with large scale projects and government tenders. Sales experience. Mandarin speaking. Driving License. Environmental Acoustics Experience. Chartered Engineer status. Sound System Design Experience.
Interested candidates are invited to email your resume and expected salary to [email protected] with the subject header: Application for Acoustics Consultant – Architectural & Building